• We welcome previously unpublished original content.
• Exceptions for content previously published will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• We do not post poetry, prayers, fiction, responsive readings or hymns.
• The ideal length for articles published on our site is 600 to 800 words. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
• Plan to write for a general audience.
• Please avoid unnecessary academic terms in order to best serve our global and diverse readership.
• If select academic terms are essential, explain the term or concept in language accessible to the average reader.
• Include citations within the main text and links to referenced online articles. We will work with you on how best to cite sources.
• First-time contributors are encouraged to read recent articles to gain a clearer idea of Good Faith Media’s style.
• Send the article as a .doc or .docx file in 12 point Arial font.
• Set paragraph spacing to zero point, with line spacing set to single.
• Include a one- or two-sentence byline about yourself.
• Provide links to your social media pages and your website/blog if you would like these included with your byline.
• Attach a high-resolution headshot (at least 2000 pixels wide) in business casual or Sunday attire. We will crop as necessary.
• Please send completed articles to email@example.com with “Article Submission” in the subject line.
• Once you submit a column, the editor will review your article and indicate whether we plan to publish the article.
• The editor will provide suggested revisions as needed, as well as a general timeframe for publication.
• We cannot guarantee feedback for declined submissions.
• On the day of publication, we will email with a link to your column. Please share the link with your network through email and social media.
• Submissions are edited for clarity and style.
• Typographical and grammatical errors will be corrected and paragraphs will be divided without notification.
• Once the writer and editor have agreed to a revised version, the column will be sent to our copy editor for a final review before posting.
• GFM’S copy editor writes headlines and selects article images.
• The goal is to present articles with a title/image that accurately reflects the content, while also grabbing readers’ attention.
• Any preferences regarding the title and/or image can be shared with the editor.