EthicsDaily and Nurturing Faith invite you to help us celebrate “health care heroes” during this global pandemic.
Health care workers are battling COVID-19 daily across the globe, and we want to pay tribute to their courage and sacrifice. Join us in honoring these health care workers by sending in some simple materials (below) that will be fashioned into a brief tribute to your “health care hero.”
- Record an audio file of yourself talking. You can use your phone. Make sure the background is quiet. Keep it to no more than 45 seconds.
- In your audio file, mention who you are (for example, “I’m Cliff in Nashville”) and your hero’s first name, the city and state where he or she works, and the kind of health care work he or she does (for example, nurse, hospital janitor, doctor). Also, include some unique commentary about your own feelings toward the person and the work he or she is doing.
- Please send a photo of your honoree that we can use. Please use good judgment about what kind of photo to send, knowing this is for social media.
- Email these items (the audio file and the photo) to EthicsDaily media producer Cliff Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the spelling of the first name of your honoree.
- We will produce the audio file and share on social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Note that we are defining “health care worker” in a broad sense. We need maintenance staff in hospitals as we need nurses in hospitals. All deserve our gratitude.
EthicsDaily and Nurturing Faith are in the process of becoming Good Faith Media. The executive leadership team of Mitch Randall, Autumn Lockett and John Pierce issued the following statement in recognition of all those working in our health care facilities and initiatives:
“We continue to give thanks for the talented, committed and courageous people from our communities who risk so much to serve so many. We know the hearts and hands of these many laborers are coming together each day to heal the sick. May they feel our prayers and be heartened by the encouraging words of both loved ones and strangers.”